sábado, 14 de noviembre de 2015

JUSTIN MARKS [17.498] Poeta de Estados Unidos


JUSTIN MARKS

Poeta y escritor. EE.UU.
Ha publicado en poesía You’re Going to Miss Me When You’re Bored (2014) y A Million in Prizes (2009), fue elegido por Carl Phillips como ganador de Premio New Issues Poetry 2009. Es cofundador de Birds, LLC. Actualmente vive en Queens, New York.


Poemas de You’re going to miss me when you’re bored
(‘Me vas a extrañar cuando estés aburrida’, 2014), de Justin Marks
Selección de poemas: Berta García Faet


Me encanta estar borracho   Y de repente no me encanta
Me encanta beber   Una convocatoria
Miro a las mujeres y las mujeres
parecen asustadas   Los días de Hollywood se acabaron
y estas cenizas son todo lo que nos queda
de la cena   Un banquete   Una tienda
de chucherías en mi cerebro   La significación
histórica y personal de la penetración
Creo en esperarme
hasta el matrimonio   Un número que marcar
en el teléfono
como un pecho donde amamantarme   Mi pasado
ensortijado en ignorancia y en visiones
Vena yugular que gotea
colores interesantísimos



Jack Spicer en mi iPod
Una playa   Sea cual sea el lenguaje
que hace el océano   Es Año Nuevo
y las olas pasan
Es Año Nuevo   Cantan
animales mudos   Una isla   Distancia
En algún lugar la primera palabra
de un niño es útero   El surf
es duro   Una audiencia agnóstica
La salmuera en mi barba
es una astilla de significado
El oso que baila   Un mosquito
que come   La hormiga que estoy a punto
de pisar



Una sonrisa forzada
podría revelar, o no,
dientes   Un destino   A mí pueden convencerme
básicamente de cualquier cosa
El público tiene su propio poder
Un truco para provocar desbarajustes
como lo simboliza mi pelo   El afecto
distrae de la soledad
Cuántas veces tuvimos sexo?
La playa   La cama   El refugio
de la fauna salvaje   Derrotado
por la tristeza   Bastante perfección
Una chica que lleva una diadema va recogiendo conchitas
Intento no implicarme mucho




Una mano abolla el universo en el interior
oscuro del bolsillo de mis pantalones
Un poco de teatro   La estética estalla
para acelerar la verdad y
la belleza auxiliadora   Los sueños se plegaron sin fin,
los resultados están dañados y son dañados
huesos   Un accidente bucal coló
por amor   Frialdad mitigada por el sol
Linda   Muy linda   La tarea
que nunca jamás se hará   La anatomía
de una página que es principalmente
redacción   Una personalidad genuina(mente
decepcionante)   Si acaso nos conocemos en un futuro lejano
en jardines acaso más felices…



Oh mi mente literal   Aguanta y aguanta
pero tiene un límite   El cielo menstruante
Esto es un vientre vacío    Los hechos que no hacen
lo que yo quiero que hagan   Es importante
ir con cuidado con el dolor   Este estilo
de la invención   El más vergonzoso
tiempo pasado   Que ya no te importe
lloriquear   Esa silueta
que siempre está desdibujándose   Esto son orillas frígidas
La enfermedad es la melodía   Sin sujeto
Sin remitente   Un yo que aguarda
más y más destrucción   Miedo
excitante   Inserte usted aquí
gente muerta




Agito una libreta con páginas
en blanco y digo “Todo está aquí, todo
absolutamente”   Perros muertos y propiedades
robadas   Libertinaje
abrazado   Durante 35 años no tuve
ninguna historia que contar   Sólo palabras
necesitadas de formas   Cada respiración,
una bomba   Un espacio infinito
que llenar   Ahora sé bien que la muerte
no es más que una idea   Una idea
muy real   Comprende comportamientos tanto como
estéticas   Tristeza
texturizada   Lenguaje grabado
en fibra óptica   Es decir, en luz



Hace calor   Me duele la espalda   Mi alma
flota   Me duermo en un lugar
y me despierto en otro   La maquinaria interna
de alguna cosa notable   Una fina mentira
Es como que estoy en el cuarto de estar de todo el mundo,
dice un hombre a mi lado en el metro
Probablemente estoy mintiendo,
dice una camiseta en un escaparate
A todas mis ex-novias sólo quiero decirles “¿no te parece raro
el hecho de que tú y yo un día follamos?” Lo que quiero decir es
lo que dicen las palabras
Caricias inapropiadas, sentimentalismo
tonto   Nubes rosas
del apocalipsis   Recluida luz   Buenas noches Buenas noches
por la noche, noche



We Used to Have Parties

The city is a kind welcome
of fire It’s on fire
I tell you not making sense
in the usual sense of the word sense
but a meteor’s bloom
The bad guys rehearsing
their latest number—
high kicks and all—the good guys watching
videos of unrest in real time
The way you high-fived me
I thought we’d have sex
Such excitement negates the self
All the cops standing still
The mask we wear is assassination
You’re cutting out

From You’re Gonna Miss Me When You’re Bored (Barrelhouse Books, 2014) 




Mouth Full of Grounds

The dots are on order Cops patrol 
the larger subway stations 
on segways Nobody 
gets out of the way Yesterday 
I had a colonoscopy which required fasting 
for 40 hours and taking so much laxative 
I shat water Now my body is clean 
I’m cleansed and have the opportunity 
to put only good things in To start again 
But I can’t shake this shadow I call it death 
Love so strong I can hardly 
function Every fight my wife and I have had 
or will Why we can’t 
love each other like we used to 
What will happen to our children 
To date, I’m responsible for the deaths 
of at least 20 mice My most triumphant moment 
was when I got 6 at one time on a glue trap 
then drowned them in the toilet At work 
we have a meeting in which there is only one rule: 
No gerunds My boss’ boss 
thinks I’m doing an amazing job 
My boss isn’t so sure 
Blood fills the place on my finger 
where I just chewed off some skin My fear has gone to waste

From You’re Gonna Miss Me When You’re Bored (Barrelhouse Books, 2014) 




Voir Dire

I live in New York City and a horse 
goes clopping by my window. 
Then I don’t 
hear the horse anymore. 
All promises 
have been broken. 
I lie in bed and pretend 
to sleep. On occasion 
I see babies sleeping, 
little ones lying 
on their backs 
with baby bones 
and skeletons 
and organs that function. 
They see and hear 
and taste and smell. 
They learn to speak and feel 
awkwardness and shame. 
It’s good that we don’t 
remember being babies. 
It’s good to feel good. 
Sometimes I fall 
for things I shouldn’t. 
I think of my parents 
with a kind 
of regret and sympathy 
for us all. A process, 
like anything else. 
A series of questions 
raised in silence. 
It’s an adventure 
inside my body right now, 
not knowing what will happen. 
Something gets forced in, 
returns out. 
Whatever it is, 
I say it alone, 
aloud. I decide 
on a course of thought 
or action, and inevitably 
wind up pursuing the other. 
I’m happy 
to be indignant, 
but also just happy. 
I share a pizza 
and movie with my wife. 
She is like a carrot 
and I’m a little rabbit. 
Our babies will be orange. 
A bug is pressed 
into a book’s pages 
on the shelf. 
Tourists get their pictures taken 
in front of great works of art. 
A young couple French 
-kisses outside 
the Museum of Sex. 
The moon is full and shining 
magnificently over 
the rivers, Hudson and East. 
I’m 6 feet tall and tone deaf, 
a truly terrible singer. 
I’ve always been swayed 
by the belief that the maker 
should not be able to see 
himself in his art. I see 
nothing but myself. 
Plastic flowers in a lush, 
green garden on 
the Lower East Side, Avenue C. 
Pinocchio standing before 
a table of wood-working tools. 
I know you know 
I’m spying on you 
spying on me 
spying on you. That’s 
what makes this fun, 
right? Penetrate to 
the most high god 
and you’ll go insane, 
I hear. Even 
the speed of light 
isn’t fast enough 
to save you. 
But don’t be afraid. 
It’s only the pressure 
that’s difficult to bear. 
Amusement park rides, 
even children’s corkscrew 
playground slides 
make me nauseous. 
Mothers yell at their children 
and their children cry. 
The limits of my linear mind. 
I sometimes believe everything 
I’ll ever do or say 
is already inside 
someone else. 
What was I thinking 
when I marked that passage 
in the book that read, 
This is older than towns ? 
As a child, my favorite 
part of the day was coming home 
and getting the mail, 
wondering what, 
if anything, was addressed 
to me. I wish sleep 
was a switch I could simply throw. 
Sobriety and intoxication as well. 
The immense joy I receive 
when reading my sent emails. 
Also in finally getting straight 
the spellings of decent 
and descent . 
All day at the beach, 
children stomp 
out of the surf and onto 
the shore. New organisms, 
in the grand scheme of things. 
My back is terribly sun-burnt. 
Peeling. I get chills and forget 
everything I’ve learned. 
I’m a Mayflower 
descendent. My great 
-great grandfather 
was a Russian-Jewish immigrant. 
Riding in a cab 
up the West Side Highway, 
a little tipsy, 
the salt-water air 
and boat fumes… 
I get incredibly inspired, 
but not for long. 
A bowl of fresh 
blueberries and glass 
after glass of water 
await my arrival 
home. 
A hard-boiled 
egg for breakfast. 
The cat. My wife. 
The future generation 
we have yet to have. 
Where did this weight 
I’ve gained come from? 
Why can’t I lose it? 
I’m in my early-thirties, 
my grandparents are dead 
and my parents are old. 
Frequent déjà vu 
renders everything inevitable. 
When my wife comes home 
she will kiss me and remove 
her clothes, stretch out 
across the bed and we will 
discuss the day. Most 
of my good fortune 
is a fluke. 
The bad as well. 
That’s as far 
as it ever seems to go. 
Another flabby body 
at the gym 
trying to look good, 
a relation relating itself 
to itself. 
There are no answers, 
only variations 
in understanding. 
Which is the purpose 
of speech. Words. 
Again and again. 
It’s to myself I mostly talk. 
A man walking past 
me on the subway platform chants, 
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas . 
On a large envelope I drop 
in the mail I write repeatedly, 
Do Not Bend . 
Discovery of one thing 
by way of another. 
The material of the cosmos crumpling 
until all possible paths 
narrow to one. 
I’m completely addicted 
to my email. Can’t go without 
checking it every few minutes. 
Connection to the outside 
world via the virtual. 
Things either occur 
or they don’t. 
The lavender my mother helped 
my wife transplant is dying. 
One of the more satisfactory 
experiences of my life 
was moshing so hard 
I broke my retainer. 
Twenty-three years ago. 
There are no 
discreet events. History 
is in everything. 
And memory. Dim 
notions coming into focus, 
then fading. 
In a different life 
I’d like to have been 
a B-movie star. 
Napping on the couch I tell 
myself I’m not sleeping at all, just 
relaxing, absorbing 
the sound of traffic, 
the sun and air 
through the open window. 
Putting a little spring 
back in my step. 
All this love 
and hatred in my heart. 
But if I could just stay awake, 
if I could just stay awake long enough 
it might all work out. This day 
barely begun.

From You’re Gonna Miss Me When You’re Bored (Barrelhouse Books, 2014) 






.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario